The Norwegian Actors’ Centre (Norsk Skuespillersenter) is a training centre for professional actors and other film- and theatre makers. We provide workshops, seminars, master classes, networking events and other industry events for actors all over Norway. Our aim is to facilitate continuous professional development within the performing arts. We also focus on cross-disciplinary collaboration and networking, and a number of our events are open to other theatre, film and arts professionals as well as actors.
We are funded by the Norwegian government, and can therefore offer highly subsidized workshops.
The Norwegian Actors’ Centre was initiated by the Norwegian Actors’ Equity Association, and became an independent organization in 2001. We still have close links to the Norwegian Actors’ Equity Association, and the head of the Norwegian Actors’ Equity Association is also the Chairman of our board.
You do not need to be a member of the Norwegian Actors’ Equity Association to participate in our workshops, but you do have to be a professional actor, either with a BA in acting or the equivalent professional experience (unless it is a cross-disciplinary workshop).
Workshops in English
Every year we invite exciting directors and acting teachers from abroad to run workshops at the Actors’ Centre. These workshops are held in English, and are therefore accessible to participants who do not speak Norwegian. We believe these workshops form excellent networking opportunities for actors from different countries, and hope to see many international participants at these workshops!
The Norwegian Actors’ Center is situated in Welhavens gate 1, right at the heart of Oslo, only a short walk from the capital’s main theatres, shopping streets and several museums. We can recommend cheap hostels and accommodation to participants from abroad.
Our webpage is mainly in Norwegian, but workshops in English mostly have English descriptions. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can find our contact details under Om oss/ Kontakt oss.
If you want to recieve information about our workshops in English, please send an email to email@example.com.
How to apply
To apply for a workshop, fill out the form at the bottom of the webpage of the workshop in question.
The application form translated:
- Navn = Name (your name)
- E-post = E-mail
- Postnummer = Zip code (please note country as well, if you do not reside in Norway)
- Telefon = Phone number (remember country code)
- CV = Upload your CV here. All participants need to upload an updated CV, either a .doc, .docx or .pdf file, maximum 2MB. If you struggle to upload, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ja, jeg er medlem i Norsk Skuespillerforbund og får rabattert pris = I am a member of the Norwegian Actors’ Equity Association and get a reduced price (Being a member of certain Norwegian unions, like the Norwegian Actors’ Equity Association, will give you a reduced price on some workshops. Leave open if not relevant.)
- Ja takk, jeg vil motta nyhetsbrev/nyheter om kurs = Yes, I would like to receive newsletters/news about workshops
- Jeg godtar vilkårene for påmelding = I accept
- Send inn = Send in application
You will soon receive an automatic email response confirming that your application has been registered. Please contact us via email@example.com if you do not receive this automatic confirmation email. If the workshop has an application deadline, you receive a response to your application within two weeks after the deadline.
Please note that you are not guaranteed a place at your selected workshops until you have received a confirmation of such or an invoice. The invoice needs to be paid in advance. Please be aware that application is binding.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Welcome to The Norwegian Actors’ Centre!